The Ramblers has always been a campaigning charity. Together, the Ramblers have won fantastic victories for walkers, from the England coast path to the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2001. Now, they want to work more closely with members on local campaigns.
Specifically, it is envisaged that volunteers will work with areas and groups to:
- Engage with and develop relationships with local decision-makers;
- Engage with the general walking population to build up support for campaigns;
- Research and report back on what’s happening locally to inform our national campaigns;
- Promote Ramblers' national campaigns at a local level;
- Identify and recruit people who are interested in getting more involved with our campaigns.
This is a wonderful opportunity for people that value the work the Ramblers does and want to be part of that.
Please see the Ramblers website for all the information you need on taking part.