As well as our walks, Capital Walkers has an active social programme. Our socials are great opportunities to get to know each other better and to see what we look like when not covered head to toe in outdoor wear.
We list our socials in our quarterly programme and on Facebook. They vary each time and all are organised by volunteers.
These are some of the recent events that have taken place:
- Camden Centre Beer & Cider Festival
- Victoria and Olympic Park walk ending in a post walk drinks in Canary Wharf
- Sloane Square and Belgravia stroll finishing at The Grenadier Pub.
- Getting in the mood for Christmas with a leisurely stroll past some of London's famous Christmas lights ending at the Christmas Market on the South Bank for food and mulled wine.
- Beefeaters Gin Tour with stroll from the Oval to Royal Festival Hall
- A leisurely stroll past some of London's famous Christmas lights, ending at the Christmas Market on the South Bank for food and mulled wine.
- Bookslam - London's best literary club night at the historic York Hall
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition at the National History Museum+ tapas at Brindisa
- Russia and the Arts - The Age of Tolstoy and Tchaickovsky at the National Potrait Gallery
- Christmas quiz - the highlight of our social calendar! Food, drinks and the best quiz around.
Photo copyright 2017 Donna McSorley